Features and Benefits
- Attaches to process using a single M18 pressure port or flange mounting
- Effective solution for online viscosity or melt index monitoring
- No waste stream, tested sample is returned to process
- Online ASTM D1238 melt flow rate, ISO 1133, or JIS K 7210
- Online apparent and intrinsic viscosities
- Interchangeable capillaries
- Compact measuring head for close extruder connection
- Simple ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂin the fieldÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ calibration
- 2 Vertex Mercury Free Pressure Transducers for high accuracy
- Platinum RTD melt temperature sensor immersed in molten stream for accurate test temperature measurement
Experience the benefits of online rheology measurement.
Specifically designed for the thermoplastics resin industry, the ViscoSensor provides continuous measurements of the melt flow rate or apparent viscosity directly on the manufacturing process.
The ViscoSensor system consists of two parts: a Viscosensor Rheologic Sensing Unit (RSU), connected directly to the process, and a Rheologic Control Unit that controls the Viscosensor test parameters (temperature, pressure, rate), provides outputs of computed results, and provides communications to an external distributed control system when required.
There are now 2 versions of the control unit available:
- RCU: Combines the rheological properties of a Laboratory Capillary Rheometer with the MFI readings of a Melf Flow Indexer
- e-RCU: Provides simplified rehological data for processors
Ensure Consistent Results with the continuous monitoring of material properties you get with the ViscoSensor